- B.S., Food Science; Minor, German, Penn State University (2007)
- M.A., Management and Leadership, Liberty University (2014)
- -ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification and Instructor/Proctor Certification for retail food establishments (National Restaurant Association)
- -SQF 2000 Practitioner Certification (Ecosure)
- -Advanced HACCP: Verification and Validation (Grocery Manufacturers Association)
- Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) Keystone Section
- Chairperson (2011-2012)
- Scholarship Committee Chair (2009-present)
- Penn State Ag Council (Delegate from Keystone IFT)
Provide food safety educational programming to retail food handlers (ServSafe) as well as workshops for volunteer organizations. Conduct workshops on home food preservation (canning, freezing, drying) and farmers market food safety.
Provided microbiological support to Hershey’s R&D department, manufacturing facilities, and commodities procurement departments through analysis of incoming ingredients, finished products and environmental samples. Audited third party microbiology laboratories and bulk tanker wash stations. Developed sampling and environmental monitoring programs, cleaning/sanitizing procedures and general technical/corporate QA support. Heavily involved in environmental monitoring programs.
Active involvement in the retail food service industry. Working part time as a manager in a small café and provided technical support for Hershey’s Chocolate World.
- Penn State Extension, Berks County
-Food Safety Educator (2015 – present)
- The Hershey Company, Technical Center – Hershey, PA (2008 – 2015)
-Microbiologist/Quality and Regulatory Compliance
- LCBC Church, Manheim, PA (2009 – present)
-Café Manager (part time)
- Pepperidge Farm, Denver, PA (2007-2008)
- RJH Associates, New York (2007)
-Restaurant Food Safety Inspector
- Sheetz, Central PA (2003-2011)
-Salesperson and District Food Safety Trainer