Initiate appropriate processes for and monitor and report on all departmental budget activities.
- Interpret and advise faculty, students, and staff on department, college and university fiscal policies and procedures.
- Submit and approve financial documents in IBIS, ERS, and e-Buy. Post direct bill charges to budgets and projects.
- Collect purchasing card expense forms and receipts in order to reconcile purchasing card purchases to departmental budgets within timely manner. Serve as department's contact for purchasing card related questions and processing department members PSU purchasing card documentation to appropriate budgets.
- Oversee department wage payroll appointments. Process bi-weekly wage payroll timecards and verify pay budget and I-9 information.
- Monitor all income and expenses for grant compliance. Ensure grants are closed according to grant guidelines.
- Track expenses of department short courses and ensure transfer of funds from college to correct department budgets.
- Process check deposits according to university procedures.
- Prepare and process, and obtain signatures on appropriate budget forms within college and university system.
- Maintain and replenish petty cash fund and process all requests for department related reimbursements relating to expenditures made with personal funds according to established University policies. Request cash advances and process settlements for travel, research incentives and special testing
- Create and distribute budget reports to faculty, department manager and unit leader.
- Work with college financial officer and others in college to resolve budget issues. Position also assists with other administrative duties and provides backup to other office staff positions. Individual will participate in personal and team process improvement of fiscal and administrative processes.
- College of Agricultural Sciences, Staff Laureate Customer Service Award, 2015