Administrative support to the Department's undergraduate program.
- Manage and maintain all student records for undergraduate program. This includes student admissions, current students, alumni, and prospective students as related to recruitment.
- Monitor and track student’s progress and report to faculty advisor and student.
- Provide support to the Schreyer Honors Advisers in Food Science. Assign honors advisers and track progress of honors students. Support the submission of honors course proposals to the Schreyer Honors College.
- Access and perform functions in university’s AIS system and ISIS website to print student schedules, degree audits, transcripts, class lists, enrollment numbers, etc.
- Coordinate and oversee the departmental Course Offering and Scheduling (COS) process each semester to include the offering of current department courses with undergraduate and graduate program coordinators; scheduling of experimental Special Topics courses with faculty, program coordinators and department head; resolve scheduling issues and room conflicts;
- Coordinate course textbook titles and information with faculty and report to the student bookstore.
- Coordinate the scheduling of the semester final exams with faculty and report to the Registrar’s Office.
- Provide administrative support to the Undergraduate Program Coordinator to include: maintaining calendar; compose and distribute correspondence, memos, and reports; communicate rules, policy, and procedural changes appropriately and assist in resolving problems.
- Provide support to placement process by scheduling and coordinating company visits; scheduling information sessions with the student club; disseminate job position announcements to undergraduate, graduate, and alumni as appropriate; compile student application materials and disburse to company representatives as appropriate; coordinate interview schedules and resolve issues; maintain departmental job placement files.
- Provide administrative support to the department’s Undergraduate Recruitment Coordinator to include: arrange recruitment visits with schools and other public groups; coordinate College student visits; organize and participate in department and college recruitment events; disseminate information to prospective students and their parents, high school groups as well as external representative recruiting Food Science students; schedule meetings between faculty members and potential students and parents, external high school groups or other groups interested in learning about the department’s programs; participate on the Recruitment Committee.
- Obtain data from ISIS, EIS, and Data Warehouse systems to provide analysis of key metrics regarding undergraduate and graduate student programs for use in strategic decision making by Department Head and undergraduate and graduate program coordinators.
- Coordinate the department’s curricular affairs processes with program coordinators and committees.
- Facilitate processes relating to scholarship and other funding support to students.
- Coordinate the scheduling of Food Science courses and facilitate SRTE and other course evaluations.
- Annually, coordinate revisions to the Undergraduate Handbook. Coordinate undergraduate orientation activities each semester.
- Facilitate revisions to program information and disseminate information and procedures to faculty, staff, and students as well as to potential students and their parents. Advise students and faculty on process and procedures.
- Supervise and direct administrative work study students; coordinate with faculty to post work study positions for research labs.
- Serve as Department's liaison with college and university student support units, facilitate communications to and from these units, and initiate key activities with these units.
- Penn State University, Support Staff Achievement Award, 2004
- Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) Award, 2007
- College of Agricultural Sciences, Staff Laureate Customer Service Award, 2010
- College of Agricultural Sciences, Ella Reagle Staff Assistant Award, 2012