- Associate in Science, Business Administration, The Pennsylvania State University, 1995
Manage daily operations of the Department of Food Science
- Lead and direct departmental exempt and non-exempt staff members; serve as chief of staff; Mentor and develop support staff to effectively support critical operations. Oversee the hiring process of new support staff. Initiate recognition and acknowledgment processes; coordinate with creamery manager on aligning departmental needs with creamery staff resources.
- Lead activities to meet reporting and other requests from the College and University administration by designated deadlines; compile summary level reports and information on behalf of the Department Head.
- Lead improvement and implementation of operational processes to achieve high internal and external customer service thereby assisting faculty and staff in meeting their goals.
- Act as a liaison to the Department Head for committees, faculty, staff, and students. In the absence of the department head, serve as liaison to internal and external clientele, host visitors, and act on behalf of head as appropriate. Assist the department head with industry relations and development activities; coordinate annual Advisory Board meetings.
- Facilitate the department's strategic planning process and coordinate related activities. Serve as Team Leader of the Measures Task Force to update key measures as defined by department head, and develop a centralized system for data collection of performance indicators and other key measures.
- Manage and monitor departmental budgets and associated activities; supervise and direct budget personnel; keep department head advised of commitments.
- Assist in establishing a positive department image through interactions with other university units and external groups. Formulate and implement marketing strategies for recruiting graduate and undergraduate students, increase the visibility of the department and creamery, and to promote new donor opportunities for the department and creamery.
- College of Engineering, Penn State Engineering Society, Outstanding Staff Award, 2000
- Centre County Council for Human Services, Volunteer Award, 2009