- B.S., The Pennsylvania State University, Animal Production, 1981.
Coordinate and carry out activities related to security, safety, maintenance and operational readiness of the Department of Food Science facilities.
- Oversee the daily operations of the facilities that support the Food Science Department. Work with the Office of Physical Plant to schedule all repairs, renovations, installations, salvage requests and maintenance work for the Department.
- Assist University's Inventory Office in annual inventory and tracking of capital equipment.
- Ensure the facility's readiness to accommodate department events, workshops and special visitors.
- Maintain and coordinate the use of the Food Processing Plant and the Teaching Lab.
- Serve as the safety officer for the Department which includes facilitating the reporting and resolution of all laboratory and workplace safety issues with appropriate university units, coordinating annual laboratory inspections and related reports, and disseminating safety related information to the Department. Represent the Department on the College's Safety Committee.
- Coordinate assignment of office and laboratory space to faculty, staff, and students.
- Function as the emergency contact at all hours for issues within Borland Lab for the Department, the College, Environmental Health and Safety, the Office of Physical Plant and Police Services.
- Disseminate department, college, and university procedures to all department members relating to security, safety, and day to day facility operations.
- Serve on the New Food Science Building Committee and carry out various support duties as this project moves forward.
- Serve on other departmental committees when appointed and carry out assigned responsibilities.
- College of Agricultural Sciences, Staff Laureate Spirit Award, 2010