- B.A., Davidson College, Sociology
- M.S., Central Michigan University, Administration
- Graduate – Armed Forces Staff College (Joint Forces and International Operations)
- Graduate – U.S. Army Command and General Staff College (Deliberate and Crisis Planning)
Provide administrative and professional support to the Department Head
- Maintain Department Head's calendar and set appointment requests by faculty, students, staff and external personnel. Make Department Head travel arrangements and travel itineraries.
- Draft written communications for and facilitate verbal communications from and to the Department Head. Ensure academic and administrative deadlines are met.
- Coordinate meetings and visits to the department for the Department Head.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail. Evaluate and determine priorities of requests for the Department Head.
- Organize and manage Department Head’s files; maintains confidentiality of various correspondence, files and issues.
- Facilitate the promotion and tenure and faculty annual review processes to include establishing deadlines, assisting faculty in formatting documentation and understanding P&T and review procedures and guidelines. Provide administrative support to the Promotion and Tenure Committee.
- Provide administrative support for departmental (faculty) meetings to include setting meeting dates and developing and distributing agendas and minutes.
- Provide administrative support for faculty searches and work with the Human Resource Office and the University International Office to facilitate employment documentation for new hires.
- Provide administrative support to the Department's Awards Committee.
- Assist with scheduling and managing various department events including departmental tailgate, seminars, industry and academic visits, departmental socials, and alumni functions. Assist with scheduling group meetings for various reviews and processes various faculty reports.
- Serve on Departmental Committees as appointed.
- Assist Manager of Departmental Operations on specific projects as needed. Serve as backup to the Manager in her/his absence