- B.S., The Pennsylvania State University, Forestry Science, 1982
- Graduate, The Pennsylvania State University, 32 credits in Food Science
Coordinate and support the department's outreach activities. Serve as department's computer support contact, web designer and network coordinator.
- Serve on and provide support to the Department's Outreach Program Committee.
- Support faculty and staff in the planning and execution of departmental short courses, in-service programs and videoconferencing.
- Coordinate the planning of, develop, and staff exhibits that represent the Department at key events such as the national IFT meeting, Ag Progress Days, and the PA State Farm Show.
- Serve on and support activities of the Department's Communications Committee.
- Develop and publish departmental newsletters and brochures to increase the visibility of the Department, College and University.
- Coordinate and support collaborative activities between the Food Industry Group (FIG) and the Department to include managing the membership directory and facilitating mass communications to FIG members.
- Serve as department and Creamery computer resource coordinator and main contact for IT and computer-related issues. Maintain operations of network computers, computer-related activities and departmental computer accounts. Troubleshoot and facilitate resolution of computer-related problems for faculty, staff, and students.
- Facilitate upgrades and transition to new computer systems, serving as the department's liaison with the College and University IT departments.
- Communicate computer training opportunities and computer-related polices and information to department members.
- Develop and maintain the Department of Food Science website.
- Serve as backup to the Department's Facilities Coordinator.
- Penn State Food Industry Group, Outstanding Service Award, 1992
- Epsilon Sigma Phi, Regional Distinguished Team Award, 1995
- Award of Special Recognition, Pennsylvania Technical Assistance Program, 1997