Scholarships and Awards
All currently enrolled graduate students with a 3.0 GPA or better and who will be enrolled full-time during the Fall Semester 2012 are eligible for consideration. To be considered for scholarships and awards, students must complete the following applications by April 30, 2013.
- The Department of Food Science Application for Graduate Scholarship (available in March/April 2013) – due to Juanita Wolfe by April 30, 2013.
- The College of Agricultural Sciences 2013 Scholarship Application form (available on-line in January 2013 - submit electronically by April 30, 2013. (Paper copy to Juanita Wolfe).
- Scholarships and awards denoted above with an asterisk (*) require proven financial need as determined by the processing of Free Application for Federal Student Aid-FAFSA. Students are required to complete the FAFSA application. To be eligible to complete this application, students must be one of the following: U.S. citizen, U.S. national (includes natives of American Samoa or Swain‘s Island), or, U.S. permanent resident who has an I-151, I-551, or I-551C (Permanent Resident Card).
Awards for graduate students are available through the Department of Food Science:
- John H. Hetrick Endowed Scholarship*
- William B. Rosskam Memorial Scholarship*
- Fred and Florence Jacobson Scholarship*
- Star Kay White Scholarship*
- Frank and Nina Cobb Grant-in-Aid*
- Robert and Jeanne L. McCarthy Memorial Graduate Scholarship*
- Mars, Inc. Graduate Scholarship in Food Science*
- Ira A. Minter Memorial Scholarship
- L. Earl and Veronica Casida Graduate Fellowship in Microbial Food Safety
- Janet G. and Frank J. Dudek Graduate Scholarship in Food Science
- Donald V. Josephson & Stuart Patton Mentorship Award in Dairy and Food Science
A brief description of each scholarship is available at College's Scholarship Website
Announcements will be made in March/April of each year to all students and faculty seeking applications for the departmental scholarships. The applicants are evaluated on the basis of 4 major categories (GPA; Career goals, Research Interests, Statement on why be considered for Scholarship; Research presentations, publications, awards, honors; Extracurricular activities and service to the department, college, university, community and professional organizations).