Better Process Control School
This 3 1/2 day annual workshop is offered in the spring.
The instructors are drawn from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), The Pennsylvania State University, and industry.
Who Should Attend
- Retort Operators
Each processor of low-acid or acidified foods must operate with a certified supervisor on hand at all times during processing.
- Microbiology of thermally processed foods
- Principles of acidified foods
- Food container handling
- Principles of thermal processing
- principles of food plant sanitation
- equipment, instrumentation and operation
- still steam retorts
- Hydrostatic retorts
- continuous rotary retorts
- aseptic processing and packing systems
- closures for glass, metal and plastic containers
For more information on this workshop, please contact Dr. Stephanie Doores (814-863-2956)
For date, location and registration information on this course please visit the link below: