Fundamentals of HACCP
Fundamentals of HACCP is a 3 day basic course in HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) taught by certified instructors with extensive experience in food safety training. Particular emphasis is on FDA regulated food products including fresh-cut fruits and vegetables (and mushrooms), juice and cider, baked goods, confections, snack foods, and egg and dairy products. This course is certified through International HACCP Alliance. This course incorporates regulations as currently proposed through FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act).
Who Should Attend
- Plant management
- HACCP coordinators
- Quality assurance/control personnel
- Sanitation and supervisors and operators employed by food establishments
- Government regulators
- Food safety professionals who are looking to increase their knowledge of HACCP
- Among the topics covered are development of prerequisite programs, conducting a Hazard Analysis, identifying Critical Control Points and Monitoring Procedures, establishment of Critical Limits and Corrective Actions, and Verification and Record Keeping Procedures.
- The concepts presented will be reinforced by breakout group activities in which participants will have the opportunity to participate in preparing a HACCP plan.
For more information, contact Dr. Luke LaBorde (814-863-2298) or Martin Bucknavage (814-867-1839)