Fundamentals of Food Science
Who Should Attend
- Entry-level employees with little or no experience in the food industry.
- Professionals from other disciplines now working in the food industry.
- Plant and quality assurance managers, supervisors, technicians, and line employees.
- Nontechnical employees including sales and marketing personnel.
- Anyone interested in learning more about Food Science.
- Topic areas include food chemistry, food engineering, food microbiology, nutrition, sensory science, functional food ingredients, food packaging, food sanitation, food regulations and labeling
- The course uses lectures, demonstrations, hands-on laboratories and short activities to teach the core concepts of food science
- A group project enhances critical thinking, team building and communication skills through the manufacture and development of a food product
- Opportunities to network with others in the food industry and department faculty include a welcome reception, banquet dinner, and a buffet lunch and group presentations
For more information, please contact Dr. Kerry Kaylegian (814-867-1379)